A Technical Due Digilence Study was implemented on several storage and distribution Terminals throughout Tanzania.
The objective was to highlight where the engineering standards and on site practices
differed. The Report enabled EWURA to prioritise standards compliance based on criticality or impact to safety and operations.
The output of the baseline study identified short, medium and long term remedial measures required.
The review process was completed as follows;
- Detailed review of the key standards highlighting areas thought to be of significant importance;
- Creation of Gap Tables listing the key requirements of the standards;
- Site visits to audit the terminals against these standards;
- Once all terminals audits where complete, gaps where graded based on extent of compliance with the standard and also the criticality of the gap with regards to
- Production of baseline assessment of the industry as a whole - broken down into small, medium and large terminals and detailing short, medium and long term